Setting up Windows Mobile Device to Access eduroam
This page provides instructions for HKUST Staff &
Students to set up Windows Mobile
devices to connect to eduroam.
The screenshots were taken from a Dell AXIM-X51v handheld device.
Depending on the models of the handheld devices, the settings may be
different. Please refer to the manual of your handheld device accordingly.
Step 1: Turn on wireless network
- The user must make sure the wireless network is enabled before doing
- Click Start
- If the wireless icon has an X against it, click it to turn
wireless on. Close the window.
Step 2: Configure eduroam settings
- Configure wireless network
- Click Start
(Note that your device may say Wireless Ethernet
instead of Network Cards).
- A list of available wireless networks may be displayed.
- If the list shows eduroam as Available, then click on
eduroam and choose Connect
- Otherwise, click on Add New... to configure.
- Configure wireless network (General tab)
At the General tab:
- Type eduroam in the Network name: field (Note: The network
name is case-sensitive)
- Select The Internet as the Connects to: drop-down list
- Configure wireless network (Network Key tab)
At the Network Key tab:
- Select WPA as the Authentication method
- Select TKIP as the Data Encryption method
- Configure wireless network (802.1X tab)
At the 802.1X tab:
- Select Protected EAP (PEAP) from the drop down list for EAP
- Click ok
You are done with the configurations of eduroam!
Step 1: Connect to eduroam
- Click on eduroam and choose Connect
Step 2: Logon to eduroam
- The handheld device is trying to connect to eduroam. In the User
- Enter your ITSC Network Account with @ust.hk, such as
email@example.com, in User name: field (Note: @ust.hk
must be entered)
- Enter your password in Password: field
- Be sure to leave the Domain: blank
- Click OK to close the window.
Step 3: Check the connection status
- You have completed the logon procedure. The status of eduroam now
changes to Connected
Congratulations! You have connected to eduroam!